Fall Protection Fitter / Inspector
Job Description Overview:
You will be amongst the small population of people in the country who work in the fall-protection industry, installing and inspecting roof safety and working-at-height equipment each day.
You will visit both construction sites and non-construction sites to install high-quality fall-protection height safety systems, working alongside other trades and STQ Vantage personnel. The fall-protection equipment includes roof safety lifeline systems, guardrail systems, abseil anchors, safety eyebolts, fixed access ladders, and more.
Likewise, each year you will inspect the fall-protection height safety systems to ensure they comply with the regulation standards, and advise the office team on the outcome.
o Fall protection system inspections & maintenance – approx. 50% of the workload.
· Includes keeping van and tools prepared
· Prepare goods and materials when required
o Fall protection system installations – approx. 50% of the workload.
o You will be visiting clients over a wide area of the country, generally within a 1-3 hour radius of the Somerset area.
o Some projects will require team working whilst others you will be required to work alone.
Who We are
Here at STQ Vantage we operate in an very interesting and specialist industry where we install and inspect fall protection systems for the construction and facilities maintenance industries. This expands across from small businesses to larger national companies, who we provide the same exceptional customer service to.
Wrapped with the role is a team of collaborative, productive and positive individuals, where everyone has different strengths and skills, which combined together makes us a powerful force. Everyone is important and valued, and carries the responsibility to move the company forward.
Who You Are
We harness the best talent possible to develop our team and, like our philosophy with our product offering, no one-size-fits-all. Everyone has a unique character. It’s what makes STQ Vantage the special and enjoyable workplace to be. So, whether you spend your spare time bungee jumping or consider reading a fantastic book in the garden it doesn’t matter. What matters is you’re confident and intrinsically comfortable with who you are.
Can You Identify With These Values?
Solutions – When faced with a challenge where you don’t have the immediate answer, do you have the ability to ask great questions and suggest appropriate ideas to develop an well-thought out solution? Our engineers’ work environment frequently has the opportunity to prove their construction knowledge and ability. It’s a challenge but enjoyable for those with the skill – it’s what they thrive on!
Detail-Orientated – Our engineers play a key role to ensuring all work meets high levels of quality, and meets the comprehensive industry regulations. For STQ Vantage, it’s the attention to detail that sets us apart. After all, isn’t it satisfying when you purchase a product that seems to last for ever. A great product from a great supplier. You’re sure to recommend it to your friend!
High-Achiever – We love to excel. We’re not satisfied with good, we want great. Our team constantly strives to improve and better how we work and what we do. Would you be the type who spends extra time adjusting the work you’ve done so that it looks better, lasts longer and feels stronger? It’s because you like to exceed and you want to be the best in your field.
Can You Describe Yourself As…
· someone with steel-plated values which play a part in both your private and working life?
· someone with a clear vision of what you want from life and have set out to achieve just that, no matter how humble or grand?
· someone who approaches a knotty problem or life hiccup with a solution-driven approach and a positive can-do attitude?
· someone who is more interested in striving to create a harmonious symphony than blowing your own trumpet?
· someone with enough humility to listen to others, to recognise and applaud their strengths and achievements and a willingness to embrace the ethos of winning or losing as a team?
· someone with the courage to hold your hands up if you make a mistake?
Life is short so making the decision to work somewhere that you actually look forward to arriving at each day is a huge step towards contentment. We have a fun, supportive and vibrant culture where people truly thrive, so we think joining the STQ Vantage team is reward in itself. In addition to this we offer:
- An attractive £32,000-£38,000 salary depending on skill and experience
- A bonus scheme
- A smartphone provided as required
- We actively promote internally
- Van & tools provided
- 20 holiday + 8 days Bank holiday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £32,000.00-£38,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- What are the main strengths and skills you would bring to this role?
- construction: 1 year (preferred)
- IPAF Certificate (preferred)
- SSSTS certificate (preferred)