Southbank Centre is a national flagship cultural institution. It is Europe’s largest arts centre and one of the UK’s top five visitor attractions, occupying an 11-acre site that sits in the midst of London’s most vibrant cultural quarter on the South Bank of the Thames.
Its impact and reach are significant and it is respected internationally as a convener of great artists and diverse audiences and for being entrepreneurial and innovative in response to a volatile and changing financial landscape. Southbank Centre is a charity that is determined to demonstrate its ambition to remain innovative, disruptive and experimental in what it does and to be highly relevant to the artists it wants to work with and to the audiences it wants to attract.
Southbank Centre believes that a commitment to diversity and inclusion helps it be a more relevant and effective organisation.
Our Artistic Mission
Southbank Centre exists to provide great artistic experiences for everyone. Through art, we invite our visitors to enjoy shared cultural encounters together. To gaze. To listen. To be moved. To discover a new idea or a new perspective. We are proud that for the last 70 years, the performances and exhibitions here have moved millions. We have provided a home for art and for artists. A community centred on art, where everyone, no matter their job, helps make the experience.
We create a place where as many people as possible can come together to experience bold, unusual, entertaining and eye-opening work. We want to take people out of the everyday, every day.
We seek out great artists and give them the space to present their best work
Take the lead
We make sure we’re at the forefront of the arts – provoking and inspiring, not just following it
Open up the arts
Not everyone will love everything, but we make sure there’s something here for everyone
We’re serious about the arts – but not stuffy. Culture here can be playful, provocative, exciting and entertaining. It is a joy not a duty
- To be the primary person at Southbank Centre responsible for design, oversight and ongoing development of an effective and joined up information and business system architecture and associated support services
- To oversee a wide range of systems and database applications, including ticketing, CRM, event planning and collections management, ensuring their successful day-to-day operation, and alignment with the organisation’s objectives
- To lead on Southbank Centre’s business application customisation and data integration approach in support of the digital strategy
- To lead projects as a senior business analyst and change management specialist, to enable the organisation to understand and define new requirements and devise optimal, forward thinking and usable technology solutions
- Managing the Digital Systems team and function within the Digital Business Solutions department assuring the delivery of a range of services in support of core line of business applications; systems include Tessitura, Artifax, Vernon, DAM and others
- Working with the Head of IT, act as principal designer of SC’s information architecture, leading on projects to extend and increase value of SC data and information resources
- Drawing from new technologies and accelerated digitisation, lead on business process analysis and business change management in support of digital and technology projects
- Overseeing and ensuring delivery of a range of projects to upgrade, renew and introduce new digital systems based on a clear business case and application development road map, with a robust change management approach
- Supporting definition and delivery of the digital strategy by taking a lead role on the technical design authority, supporting and prioritising digital initiatives across SC within the funding envelope
- Supporting information assurance activities including implementation and monitoring of the privacy, data protection and information security policies, and associated data access and integrity requirements, including participation in internal and regulatory processes (e.g. GDPR, ICO, PCI, cybersecurity protocols)
- Manage and mentor the Digital Systems team
- Overseeing supplier management with vendors and service providers of primary line of business systems ensuring their performance and value for SC, keeping tight control on business systems budget
- Leading on procurement and contracting of new services and systems ensuring closest match to SC requirements and best value
- Managing data sharing services contracted between SC and other organisations
- Contribute to the overall efficient management of the IT department
- Carry out any reasonable tasks as required
- Significant experience as business application support and development manager, supporting business systems architecture including a range of interrelated applications and databases for a user base of several hundred people
- A demonstrable high level of professionalism, communication and interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building, developing and collaborating across external organisations and internal stakeholders
- Significant Experience of relational database architectures and integration approaches
- Sound understanding of data management, including report writing, data quality management and data analysis, with some hands-on experience in this area
- Experience of business and system analysis
- Experience of using SQL to build complex database queries
- Experience of account, contracts and budget management
- Experience of managing people and developing performance
- Knowledge of GDPR and other applicable legislative frameworks
- Highly organised and able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks and work to deadlines
- Track record in devising and implementing innovative solutions, incorporating latest technology and developments while keeping existing systems and services reliable and secure
- Knowledge and experience of Artifax Event and familiarity with other modules of the Artifax suite such as Event on Line, Programme module and Calendar Share
- Knowledge and experience of Tessitura and familiarity with other components of the Tessitura suite such as T-Stats, RMA, Web API, NScan, Print at Home and Dashboards
- Knowledge and experience of Vernon CMS or another Collections Management System
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Sufficient professional qualifications to support the role
- Experience of working in a quality assured environment, leading or implementing change management processes
- Knowledge and experience of digital asset management systems and managing metadata
- Knowledge and experience of archive management systems
- Experience of working in a customer-facing environment
We welcome applications from people from a Black, Asian or Ethnically Diverse background or those who are D/deaf or disabled. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments such as a BSL interpreter for your interview for this role please indicate this on your application form. Interviews are currently taking place via Zoom or Google Hangouts but if you require support to access these platforms someone from the HRteam will be happy to assist you. If you would like to speak to someone about any adjustments or concerns you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with you to make the necessary arrangements.
By attracting people to work for us from a broad range of backgrounds with diverse attitudes, opinions and beliefs we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things. SC is a warm and welcoming place to work, with great aspirations and ambitions to create great and accessible work for all. We pride ourselves in building a supportive environment to enable the development of our staff.
If you feel you have just some of the required skills and experience but meet the person specification, we would still encourage you to apply; we are very open to continuing the training and development of individuals who are self motivated to acquire new skills and knowledge relevant to the role.
The Southbank Centre Way
The Southbank Centre Way is a framework that sets out how we want our people to work together. It describes the qualities that drive our ability to inspire, provoke and transform lives and illustrates behaviours that make Southbank Centre a warm and welcoming place to work, perform or visit. The language that forms the Southbank Centre Way comes from the people who work here. We have captured their words to help everyone we work with understand us.
Click to find out more about the Southbank Centre Way.
We reserve the right to close the advert early if enough applications are received.