Location: Oxford (Hybrid or Remote working available)
Contract: 12 months Fixed-Term with potential to be extended or become permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Increasing to £29,000 after successful completion of a 6 month probation period
Closing Date: 1st August 2022
About Migrant Help: *
Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
We are currently looking for a Modern Slavery Victim Care Adviser (MSVC Adviser) to join our team on a Fixed Term contract. There will be a potential for the role to be extended or made permanent. The successful candidate can be either office, hybrid or remote working but must be based in either Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, or Hampshire.
We place a high value on employees in relation to the work that they do and the benefits the organisation offers, with an ethos of being a Great Place to Work.
These are some of the benefits we offer:
- Flexibility and work life balance
- Enhanced family friendly provisions
- Additional holiday entitlements
- Perkbox benefits
- Non-contributory pension scheme.
At Migrant Help, we foster a culture in which equality, diversity and inclusion are recognised, valued and encouraged. It doesnt matter who you are or where you come from, we match your skills with the needs of our organisation. As long as you share our values, vision and goals. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of their age, religion or belief, race, gender reassignment, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
The scope of this role is to provide a highquality professional support service to victims of human trafficking and modern slavery as part of the Modern Slavery Victim Care Team, ensuring a seamless service to all service users. This includes the provision of support, advice and guidance in addition to providing assistance with the completion of any relevant support applications. There is a requirement that the postholder will meet the changing local business needs and will reprioritise work as necessary.The postholder will work consistently to support the continuous local development of the service; they will ensure that all advisory processes and procedures are followed efficiently, consistently and with professionalism at all times. The postholder is expected to contribute to the overall success of the Organisation in accordance with Migrant Help's aims, objectives, vision and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to victims of human trafficking and modern slavery (known as service users), a directed by the MSVC Team Manager and Senior Adviser/s for the region.
- Manage a complex case load, offering appropriate and bespoke individual support to service users including the arrangement for the provision of necessities, (including accommodation, food, clothing and toiletries) as well as arranging meaningful holistic activities, which may include social events, language classes, orientation briefings, etc.
- Refer service users to specialist agencies and advocate for their needs as necessary, including referrals to support the process of service users being able to obtain employment and affordable housing, where appropriate.
- Arrange the process of supporting service users to return to their country of origin, where appropriate, as well as arranging the preparation of appropriate documentation with Home Office/Embassies, as appropriate.
- Complete and maintain quality standards for regular support plan and risk assessment reviews, and timely upload of clear and concise case notes.
- Collect and provide information to Senior Advisers and Management as and when required. This will include, obtaining service user feedback in order to further develop and improve the service.
- To ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, policies and procedures to provide the correct processing of NRM referrals to all who require this service.
- Participate in regular team briefings / meetings / group case study sessions and provide support to other colleagues as and when required.
- Keep up to date with legislation and the impact it may have on service users, and disseminate as appropriate to the team.
- Participate in all mandatory training and training identified in the Supervision & Appraisal process and respond flexibly to provide cover for all other operational activities.
- Undertake any other duties which may be assigned by the MSVC Team Manager.
Migrant Help is committed to safeguarding those we provide a service to, applicants will have to undergo strict vetting procedures throughout different stages of the recruitment process.
- This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Therefore the applicant must:
- Be able to provide documents to show their right to work in the UK i.e. passport or other right to work documents such as work visa, settled status document, certificate of registration, naturalization as a British citizen, Biometric Residence Permit etc.
- Provide full employment history for the previous 3 years and/or suitable documentation to cover any gaps in employment.
We encourage applications from disabled people by offering them an interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job
See the Job Description for full person specification.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click on the 'use this link to apply' button and complete the online application form attaching a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Your application will be assessed against the job description and person specification, which can be found via the above link, we therefore recommend you review both before you apply.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be invited to a Microsoft Teams interview.
Closing Date: 1st August 2022
Successful Internal applicants will move to Migrant Help 2018 Terms and Conditions if they are not already.
As part of your role, it is important you operate within Migrant Helps values:
Protection, Diversity, Equality, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence.
Migrant Help is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £25,467.00-£29,000.00 per year